We are happy to announce the fifth CADET tutorial and user workshop on October 18-20, 2023. On the first and second day, we will offer introductory and advanced tutorials for new CADET users. The third day will have the style of a mini conference with selected presentations by CADET developers and users, addressing current capabilities and application cases as well as challenges and future directions. In addition, we will offer an open format for community building, including expert sessions on current issues and further development of the CADET project, troubleshooting, collaborative efforts and tools.
The scope of the workshop includes but is not limited to:
- Available transport and binding models and tools for selecting the most appropriate one
- Network of unit operations for describing external holdup volumes and multi-column systems
- Sources of non-ideality in real equipment and modeling concepts for addressing them
- Score functions, error models and search algorithms for model calibration and process design
- User interface, data handling, workflow management and secure deployment
- Open source software development and community concept for the public domain
Please contact the organizing committee if you are interested in contributing to any of the above or if you would like to suggest other topics.
Wednesday, October 18 – introductory tutorials –
- Theory, tutorials and hands on exercises on forward problems
Thursday, October 19 – advanced tutorials –
- Theory, tutorials and hands on exercises on inverse problems
Friday, October 20 – mini conference & community building –
- Presentations by developers and users
- Moderated plenum discussion and break out groups
The workshop will take place at Forschungszentrum Jülich, Wilhelm-Johnen-Str. 1, 52428 Jülich, Germany. Times are 9 am to 5 pm Central European Summer Time (CEST). All events, except dinner, will take place in the seminar room of IBG-1 (building 15.4, room 302). Dinner will be at Café Liebevoll on Wednesday and at Café GusToso on Thursday.
Fees are 1000 € (900 € before October) for regular participants and 200 € (100 € before October) for students. The fee covers all food, drinks and materials, including the conference dinner, which will be held in a restaurant in Jülich.
The workshop is limited to 30 participants on a first come first served basis.
The city of Jülich is situated between the cities Cologne and Aachen. Forschungszentrum Jülich (Research Center Jülich) can be reached by train or car. The next international airports are in Cologne, Düsseldorf and Frankfurt. The main gate is located at Wilhelm-Johnen-Str. 1, 52428 Jülich. A government-issued photo ID is required for entering the campus.
The campus is most conveniently reached by car or taxi. The buses 220 and SB20 stop at Jülich Walramplatz (50 m from Hotel am Hexenturm, 350 m from Stadthotel Jülich) and at the main campus entrance of Forschungszentrum Jülich. Check google maps for schedules.
We recommend the following hotels:
Please book directly and mention the CADET workshop. Alternative places can be found here.
Download the flyer here.
Sign up for the CADET newsletter here.