How to create a new project

I have already install all the file, but i don’t know how to start the original interface of CADET, i think may be open the SMB.py from the version 4.3.0 folder c:\ueser\CADET-Python-master\CADET-Python-master\examples\SMB.py ,but the message box display following information, is it lack of any files in the package?

FileNotFoundError Traceback (most recent call last)
Input In [2], in <cell line: 237>()
238 import sys
239 print(sys.version)
→ 240 main()

Input In [2], in main()
63 createSimulation(smb)
64 print(“Simulated Created”)
—> 65 smb.save()
66 smb.run()
67 smb.load()

File C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\cadet\cadet.py:61, in H5.save(self, lock)
58 lock_file = contextlib.nullcontext()
60 with lock_file:
—> 61 with h5py.File(self.filename, ‘w’) as h5file:
62 recursively_save(h5file, ‘/’, self.root, self.transform)
63 else:

File C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\h5py_hl\files.py:507, in File.init(self, name, mode, driver, libver, userblock_size, swmr, rdcc_nslots, rdcc_nbytes, rdcc_w0, track_order, fs_strategy, fs_persist, fs_threshold, fs_page_size, page_buf_size, min_meta_keep, min_raw_keep, locking, **kwds)
502 fapl = make_fapl(driver, libver, rdcc_nslots, rdcc_nbytes, rdcc_w0,
503 locking, page_buf_size, min_meta_keep, min_raw_keep, **kwds)
504 fcpl = make_fcpl(track_order=track_order, fs_strategy=fs_strategy,
505 fs_persist=fs_persist, fs_threshold=fs_threshold,
506 fs_page_size=fs_page_size)
→ 507 fid = make_fid(name, mode, userblock_size, fapl, fcpl, swmr=swmr)
509 if isinstance(libver, tuple):
510 self._libver = libver

File C:\ProgramData\Anaconda3\lib\site-packages\h5py_hl\files.py:226, in make_fid(name, mode, userblock_size, fapl, fcpl, swmr)
224 fid = h5f.create(name, h5f.ACC_EXCL, fapl=fapl, fcpl=fcpl)
225 elif mode == ‘w’:
→ 226 fid = h5f.create(name, h5f.ACC_TRUNC, fapl=fapl, fcpl=fcpl)
227 elif mode == ‘a’:
228 # Open in append mode (read/write).
229 # If that fails, create a new file only if it won’t clobber an
230 # existing one (ACC_EXCL)
231 try:

File h5py_objects.pyx:54, in h5py._objects.with_phil.wrapper()

File h5py_objects.pyx:55, in h5py._objects.with_phil.wrapper()

File h5py\h5f.pyx:126, in h5py.h5f.create()

FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] Unable to create file (unable to open file: name = ‘F:/temp/SMB.h5’, errno = 2, error message = ‘No such file or directory’, flags = 13, o_flags = 302)

Hi Starklike,

sorry for the late reply, I was on vacation for some time.

Can you please upload all relevant files somewhere? It’s a little hard to reproduce the issue that you’re having. But I assume that the issue is with setting the file name. In case you’re using some of the utils from the CADET-Tutorial, you can set the file_name when calling the run_simulation method. Otherwise it tries to use a temporary directory (which does not seem to exist).

Btw, if you’re modelling SMBs, maybe you’re interested in testing out our new Software, CADET-Process. I’d be happy to aid you in installation and setup.

You need to change the path from the default to your local path. This line
simulation.filename = ‘F:/temp/SMB.h5’

• I’d like to test the new software CADET-Process,Can we set up a time to Guide me to install the software via video call?

Hi,
sure, feel free to join us in one of our community “office hours” calls (see: Introducing Office Hours).
Best
Johannes

but,i haven‘t the “SMB.H5” file, how to solve the problem?