The latest release in 2023

Hi CADET developer team,

I noticed that the latest release has been done in July 2023. I am using CADET installing it from conda-forge. I would like to be able to use the latest features and capabilities. Is there a possibility to do another release so those changes would be available on conda-forge as well?
Thanks!

Hi Juliane,

we are currently preparing a major release but want to wrap up one or two more things first.

To use the new features before the new release, you can build cadet from source, which became a lot easier thanks to the work of @ronald.jaepel.

If you are having trouble with building CADET from source, we’d be happy to help you with that during our next office hour. If that wait is too long, we can arrange something sooner.

Out of curiosity, may I ask which new feature you’re interested in?

Best regards,
Jan

1 Like

Hi Jan,
thank you very much for your quick reply. I am not able to build from scratch easily as I do not have user permissions needed for this kind of task unfortunately.
I am interested in the michaelis-menten kinetic equations.
Thanks!

Can’t you install everything you need via conda?

It seems that the michaelis menten model is not included in the conda-forge library version. Let me know if it should be, then I’ll need to troubleshoot some more.

Yes, sorry, I meant that you could also install compilers and dependencies with conda so that you can then compile it yourself.

Mh, I did not know that I could do that. I’ll check if that would be a workaround. Thanks!