For tubings, we could describe them as LUMPED_RATE_WITHOUT_PORES. Is that right? If so, we could put the total porosity = 1.
I have played with some configurations like reaction rate constant (k), flow rate (Q_cstr), and volume of reactor (V_cstr). They all changed the concentration profiles, which makes sense. However, when I tried to play with length and cross-section area of tubings, they didn’t affect the concentration profile. So I tried to play with the col_dispersion, assuming the longer it gets, the more dispersion we get. However, it doesn’t matter how much I changed, no parameters (col_length, cross_section_area, col_dispersion) affect the outcome of the concentration profile. I know there is something wrong, but couldn’t figure it out where. Do you know why?
A few more things I’d like to ask is Chemical reaction notebook from Tutorial with respect to the simulation in tubular reactor.
If it is the tubular reactor, can we just use the LUMPED_RATE_WITHOUT_PORES. Why we have to use LUMPED_RATE_WITH_PORES?
I understand the col_porosity = 1. However, I don’t understand why par_porosity = 1, and par_radius = 1e-6. I know they are arbitrary, but is it that there are particles as catalysts in there?
Yes, however the interface is a little bit different.
What are you plotting?
You can use any of the models. You don’t “have to” use the LRMP.
Since col_porosity = 1, the values of the other parameters don’t really matter. They need to be specified however, since CADET checks if they exist in the config. At some point, we should add a dedicated unit for the tubular reactor. I’m happy to review a PR if you are up to a challenge.
Your code looks correct - I did notice though that the volume of the CSTRs are much greater (200x) than the volumes of the tubings (with the current parameters). I imagine that changing the tubing size and dispersion don’t have much of an impact because the residence time of the fluid in the tubings is very small. I haven’t actually run your code though, so I could be mistaken.
Hi @alters. You are correct. After I reduced the ratio of volume of reactor and the tubings to 20-50-ish, the concentration profiles changed. I was just trying to get the code correct and forgot this part. Many thanks for spotting this